Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Q&A: "I'm in real trouble I'm in mortal sin; I have Sacrilegious thoughts; I stopped praying; I have lost hope etc."

 “Hello. I'm in real trouble. I'm in mortal sin. When I discovered about the Great Apostasy, I began to pray the Holy Rosary every day. But then something that never happened before began to affect me: sacrilegious thoughts started to just pop up in my mind. I did not want to have them, but even then they would come at any moment into my head. It began to affect my prayers. Everytime I tried to pray, these diabolical thoughts arose. I always had to stop the prayer to banish the thought as fast as I could. Then I began to doubt the effectiveness of my prayers, for hardly God, the Virgin and the saints would attend bad, interrupted prayers such as mine, especially with such horrible thoughts popping up in my head. One day, I was trying to pray the Rosary, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't go with that, not while those thoughts kept affecting me by making me feel ashamed and interrupting the prayer.

“I stopped praying and consequently I had felt dramatically. After some weeks, I had committed a mortal sin. Later, I had lost hope. I was thinking, "I'm going to hell anyway, what difference will it make to commit another venial or mortal sin?" Everything was going from bad to worse. I realized one thing during this time: the sacrilegious thoughts simply stopped. One day, I was reading about the so-called "final impenitence" and how death can come at any time. I was clearly in a state in which I could not be forgiven of my sins, so I tried to achieve the state of grace. At the first time I prayed again, the sacrilegious thoughts came at full strength. I was very ashamed of myself when I tried to pray a Hail Mary. As Our Lord said, when a demon leaves, he returns to his home with other seven demons worse than the first. And I fell again, and currently my heart is petrified. I can't feel contrition, not even attrition. I try to reflect on how I offend God, on His suffering, but it's empty. I try to reflect on Hell, but it does not scare me any more. I can't pray, due to the sacrilegious thoughts that will certainly return. I can't ask anyone to pray for me, because a saint would certainly ignore a prayer for someone who is in mortal sin. It's obvious that the petrified heart is the result of my impenitence: I got used to sin.

“But I did not die yet, after so many sins. If I died right now, I would go straight to Hell, and I would suffer intensely, for I denied God even though I had such a vivid knowledge of Him. I believe that if I am not dead yet, it's because I still have a chance of being saved, I just need to grab it and really fight to never fall again, because this may be my last chance.

But how do I do this?”

Jerome: Hi Erick. Thank you for contacting me. I will try to help you to the best of my abilities. May God’s blessing come upon you while reading this email and give you the light and hope that you are looking for.

If you think you are in mortal sin, then do all things possible to be forgiven and gain God’s friendship again. If you have a priest for confession, confess your sins and resolve never to offend God again with the same sin – and you will be forgiven. If you don’t have a priest, you can confess to any layman or even to me through email in order to get the sin out of you – and even if you can’t receive an absolution, the confession helps so much so that the devil’s power over you will be diminished and the friendship of God be found faster!

A holy angel spoke to the bride and said: “But what should the one who is full of the devil do, since the good Spirit cannot enter him who is full of evil? He should do three things: First, he should make a pure and complete confession of his sins. Even if he cannot directly feel a complete remorse for his sins due to his hardened heart, still the confession will benefit him so much that the devil ceases with his treachery and yields to the good spirit. Second, he should be humble and wish to amend for all the sins he has committed and do the good deeds he can, and then the devil will begin to leave. Third, he should beseech God with humble prayer in order that he may get the good Spirit back and have contrition for the sins he has committed along with true divine love, since the love for God kills the devil. This devil is so envious and full of malice that he would rather die a hundred times than see someone do God the least little good deed out of love.” (The Revelations of St. Bridget, Book 1, Chapter 54)

Also pray that the Holy Spirit may be given back to you. When a person commits a mortal sin, the Holy Spirit leaves and the Evil Spirit approaches instead. (By willfully committing deliberate venial sin, the Good Spirit also diminishes in a soul and gives way to the Evil Spirit). Also pray for the gift of tears, and try to cry for having offended to good God by your sins – when we cry genuine tears for our sins for the Love of God, we will feel forgiven and honest in our good will and love towards God and that we have done a good thing (i.e., crying for God’s sake and for having offended Him), and consequently, this will make us feel that we have gained back God’s friendship. Since we must have hope in God’s goodness and of being forgiven, it is always good to hope that we are forgiven instead of just living in fear and despair of not being able to be Saved. We must have peace in our souls (such as the peace found in God’s friendship and in the thought that He wants us good and that he desires to Save us) and if we lack this inner peace, it will be harder for God to work with us. Find peace first and have an intention of pleasing God in everything, and you will find God and forgiveness. The easiest way of finding peace is simply just to repent of the sins committed honestly along with an intention of not committing them again.

Some recommended prayers:






Do you want to give up all your sins for the love and friendship of God because you consider His friendship and love more important than your own will and attachment to sin? If you have such a disposition of pleasing God in everything and of pleasing Him more than yourself, consider yourself forgiven.

If you have a hard heart, pray for the grace of gaining a softer Heart for the Love of God – a heart that cares more about God and the things of God so that you will be thinking more of pleasing Him in your daily life. Remember this: even if you don’t feel any tears or sorrow at first, this in no way means that you are damned or that God won’t forgive you. Some people have harder to cry and “feel” sorrow, while others have easier. God sees your intention (i.e., if you have an intention of pleasing Him and better yourself), and judges you accordingly. Pray for a good death everyday and that you will die in His grace since this is the most important grace of all; without it, everything will be lost in the end!

Please continue to pray the Holy Rosary and other forms of mental or vocal prayers everyday, and do not let the devil or your own confusion deceive you into stop praying. (See http://www.catholic-saints.net/rosary/ for the information on How to Pray the Rosary). Without prayer you will infallibly be lost; and also, without spiritual reading, you might not save yourself. Prayer is more important than reading, but spiritual reading will help you stay focused on what to do in your spiritual life, and through reading, God will also be able to speak to your heart. Pray especially those prayers that speak to your heart and good desires, such as Prayers to the Holy Spirit, or Jesus Crucified or Jesus Merciful (meditating and thinking on the Passion of Jesus is the easiest way of finding the Love of God), or any prayer to the Holy Mother of God in order to gain Her protection and friendship. Those who are genuinely devoted to the Blessed Virgin Mary will never be lost, according to the unanimous teaching of theologians – and that is why we must never stop addressing and approach Her in our thoughts and desires. Please read these important articles on the Love of Mary and the Importance of Devotion to Her:




Do not let sacrilegious thoughts affect your prayer. Provided the thoughts are against your will and you do not agree with them and oppose them, they will only gain you more merit for the eternal life. Since Satan wants you to avoid approaching God in your thoughts and stop praying/meditating, he will tempt you for a while with this intention in mind with God’s permission. But this is only a test and provided you move forward in your spiritual life, these thoughts will be diminished and eventually go away. When Satan sees that he can’t make you fall with sacrilegious thoughts, he will instead focus on other temptations – such as sensuality, gluttony or pride. But this might not be something you have to worry about now or that affects you at present. But remember, when thoughts appear in your mind that are sinful and that you don’t agree with, such thoughts are not sinful in themselves and provided you reject them, you won’t be held liable or accountable for them. Also, the kind of life you live will also have an effect on the kind of thoughts you receive. If you live a bad life (if you live in deliberate venial sin or mortal sin) this will give the devil more power over you and hence, he will be able to tempt you more easily. The more you strive to live a holy life, the more will the devil’s power over you be diminished, and consequently, the bad thoughts become less and less.

However, even holy people and saints are not without temptations, and God often permits the devil to tempt even saints in order that their reward and crown in Heaven might be increased. When there is more fighting—there is more merit to gain.

I have written about temptations and bad thoughts previously and the reason for why they can appear and what to do about it. Please consult the following two articles for more help on the issue:



When bad thoughts appear, do not stop the prayer, just ignore the bad thoughts and put them aside gently. If you can’t put them aside gently, just try to ignore them and continue with your prayer. If you do so, you will gain immensely since when there is more fighting and combat in prayer, the reward and merit will be greater. Do not stop to pray and meditate because of bad thoughts or temptations. If you stop praying or meditating (i.e., if you flee from prayer) you let the devil win and you loose everything.

I remember the first time I read the Word of God in the New Testament. Every time I read the name of “God”, I got blasphemous thoughts in my mind. I did not know where these thoughts came from, nor did I agree with these thoughts, but it made me realize that something was happening. I did not let these thoughts get the better of me (with God’s grace, of course) and I continued to read the New Testament, and the sacrilegious thoughts eventually disappeared. What happened? Obviously, the devil was jealous and did not want me to continue reading, and so he tempted me with bad thoughts with the intention that I would perhaps stop reading or commit some sin. When people give in to bad thoughts – such as blasphemous thoughts – they might start to hate, and consequently they might feel a reluctance to continue reading and hence stop. That is why people who already hate God might not even start to read the New Testament or honestly think about God in their mind even in the first place. Had I not fought against my bad thoughts in the beginning of my conversion, I might have started to hate God instead.

When one prayer feels hard to pray, pray something else. It is better to pray something then nothing. Just praying the Hail Mary prayer without meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary is an immensely good and beneficial prayer by itself. (One don’t have to pray the Rosary in order to pray the Hail Mary prayer or the Our Father, but they can and should be said separately often during the day). I my self often just try to focus on the words of the Hail Mary prayer with the intention of pleasing the Blessed Virgin as much as possible. You can try to do the same if you have problems with praying, or if even this is hard for you, just pray the Hail Mary prayer faster without thinking much of the words, and you will also gain graces and help. If it is something I have noticed with the Hail Mary prayer is that it gives you good and holy thoughts, and also that it gives you insights into problems and issues you might want to fix in your spiritual or temporal life. I have not only noticed this my self, but also seen others testify to this effect. The Hail Mary prayers thus gives you tremendous graces, insights, good thoughts, and hope! So if you want hope, continue praying! Without prayer, you won’t have any hope of eternal life or of ever finding God. You might find “hope” in creatures, like atheists do, but this hope is false, and if your hope is not based on spiritual things, it won’t profit you anything for eternal life.

An email testimony about the Holy Rosary: “Due to your articles, I am now also praying the full 15 decades of the Rosary daily, in fact I had to reinvent my life, centering my daily routines around the Rosary. It was difficult at first, and unnatural, but as I persevered I started receiving incredible graces that I would have never imagined in my life, out of nowhere. I was shocked as to the coincidence of them as they started a few weeks after praying the Rosary and remained ever since! Currently I am reading your Padre Pio's book… Thank you Brothers, for the wonderful content and the effect it had on my life…”

Never say or think, "I'm going to hell anyway, what difference will it make to commit another venial or mortal sin?" It makes a tremendous difference! For by every new mortal sin committed, and especially if it is deliberate, a new Hell is created for yourself, so to speak. Also consider that God should be your best friend and hope for better things – why then offend Him more or think thoughts such as these against Him? What if your best friend made some offense against you, and instead of asking for pardon or thinking good of you for this mistake or offense, thought only of offending you more? Would this not be a strange, displeasing and offensive behavior from this so-called friend – and would it not make you feel sad and perhaps even justly angry with him? From this example one can see how wrong these thoughts are that you expressed. Please do not make your best friend sad by thinking of how to displease Him more!

Instead of thinking of displeasing God and sinning more against Him when one feels fallen or lost, one should instead consider and think thoughts like these: O my God and my Lord, even if I am damned I would still like to serve you and give you things (works, good deeds, charities etc.) and do things out of Love for you since you are worthy of this. Even if I am not saved and live a bad life, I will still try not to offend you deliberately with mortal or venial sin, and I will try to better my self. I might not live the best of life, but I will still try not to offend you with deliberate sins! I might fall or will into sins in the future because I am weak, but for the moment, I desire to please you and not sin anymore. And even should I go to Hell, I would like not to hate you there and if possible, even to love you! – I can promise you, if you think thoughts like this instead of thoughts on how to offend the good God more, all your despair and bad feelings against God will disappear – and you will feel hope and that the Good Spirit is approaching you. If you think good thoughts about God and yourself (i.e., hopeful thoughts), then God will think good about you and do good to you and give you all the graces necessary for saving your soul and feeling true joy and happiness in your life.

Also, if you feel bad, pray for the grace to feel happy! We can pray for anything that are not sinful or against God, but often we do not even think of praying for things like feeling happiness when being down etc. You can pray for anything, such as being the best friend of God and lover of God, to feel happiness, to gain wisdom, to gain the love of God, to gain charity and love of neighbor etc.

Please read the following important article that deals specifically with the issue of being forgiven one’s sins with or without priestly absolution – and what requirements and intentions are needed for being forgiven:


It is true that more demons will come to your soul and body provided you continue living in a bad will and in sin against the good God, but as fast as you change your will from sin, and start seeing hope and goodness in God, and you honestly consider how you will gain back God into your life, all the demons will be removed from you through God’s grace. Being in a state of grace is really all about intentions. What is your intention in life? To be God’s enemy, or His friend? If you want to be God’s friend, then God wants to be your best friend in return! Stop therefore to dwell on bad and negative thoughts about God and think instead of how you can be raised from the dead (mortal sin). Only if you don’t have an intention of serving God or avoid sin, should you rightly and justly dwell on such negative thoughts – such as that it will be impossible to be forgiven or feel repentance – because if one don’t want to be God’s friend or avoid sin, then one will be damned. But even if one is fallen so low as this, one should still not give up hope or fall into despair. As long as you wish to be saved, you can be saved and God will never abandon you, and He will remain with His Grace even until the last moment of your life.


If you need hope, please go to Our Blessed Lady, the Virgin Mother of God, Mary Most Holy. The Blessed Virgin Mary is God’s Grace to humankind for saving their souls easily. That is why Mary is called “Hope of the Despairing”, “Refuge of Sinners”, etc. Go to Her often, and especially when you wish and desire to gain back God’s friendship (or increase it when already had). One prayer from the Mother of God will gain back God into your life and it is not hard to gain the advocacy, friendship and love of Mary. All you have to do is to intend never to offend God again deliberately and to serve Him, according to your dispositions. That is all!

Please consult the following articles below that deals specifically on this topic. Read them all, since they will inflame your love for the Mother of God, Our Lady, Queen and Mistress. If you Love Mary, you Love God, and it is easier for many to love and approach Mary, since She is merciful and sweet. God is also merciful, but He is also just and Our Judge. But Mary is not Our Judge in this sense, and hence Her mercy and sweetness is more manifest and clear to many, since they don’t fear Her as they fear God.






You say you can’t ask anyone to pray for you! That is false! You must ask other people, and especially the Saints and the Virgin Mary, to pray for you when you feel down and in sin! How do you think you will rise up again otherwise after having fallen? By your own effort? Never! or through God’s Grace through His friends? Assuredly! If we can ask help from people on earth, then we can ask for help from our Heavenly family even more! Never forget that! The more sinful you are, the more help you need, and hence you should be asking all kinds of Saints – and especially those you are more attached to – too pray for you and help you to be Saved all the days of your life. Yes, if you are attached to some saint, try to find prayers that are addressed to them where you can specify requests that you want them to ask God for on your behalf. I will give you a few examples of such prayers from Most Holy Family Monastery:


And no, Saints do not ignore prayers of people in mortal sin! Provided you ask for help, however bad you are or however lost you feel, you will still gain some help and graces. Sure, the more hope and good will you have, the more graces you will receive. But it is not true to say that they will ignore you. Even with the weakest faith on earth or with no faith at all, you will still gain graces enough to save your soul, provided you only ask for help and want to be saved! You don’t have to ask everything from God all the time if you feel a hard time to approach Him, you can also go to the Saints and ask for their help – and they in turn will turn to the Blessed Virgin and beseech Her in your place, and She in turn will approach God with your request through the Saints. Even though all saints go to the Blessed Virgin, it is false to think that Saints should not be approached and prayed too also. Please start to pray the prayers from the link provided above, and you will notice an increase in spiritual strength and hope almost immediately. They are very powerful prayers from powerful Saints. Start to pray them everyday, I am not kidding you how much good they will do in your life. As for my self, they have done me tremendous good and often I have gained back all hope and confidence after having prayed them when feeling down or sad! Pray and you will see, pray and you will believe! If you do not pray, you will not see, and what is worse, you will loose even this grace (i.e., these prayers: http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/prayers-to-saints/)!

You say that if you died now you would go to Hell but that you are not yet dead and that there still is hope therefore for you and then you wonder how you can save yourself! I will give you the answer to this question! Please follow it! It is correct to say that as long as you are alive you can be saved. Never forget that! If you really want to know how to save yourself, please follow my advises on prayer, spiritual reading, and how to think positively about God and about yourself when feeling down or fallen. (Also see the post script below for more information on how to save your soul and lead a better and holier life). If you do so, you will be saved. Please also reread this email a few times if needed.

I hope this answers your questions, and that it has given you some hope and light. Never loose hope! If there is anything else, do not hesitate to contact me and I will try to help you to the best of my abilities.

Sincerely,
Jerome


P.S.

If you want to be a saint and glorify God as much as possible and become holy and pleasing to God, first and foremost you must get a good prayer life and do your ordinary tasks even better. That can be done easily. Please consult the following important articles, books/audio books/booklets on this very topic:






Please consult these articles, they are very good and important for the advancement of your soul.

Please see this blog below for important posts on prayer and other important topics concerning the salvation of our souls:

Also, please read these heavenly revelations, since they are one of the most important books today to read in order to break free from the world and start to love and fear God:

Also see:
1. The Great Apostasy and a counterfeit Church predicted in the New Testament and in Catholic Prophecy:


Also see these articles that deals more in depth with the Vatican II apostasy and the apostate antipope Francis:

An Antipope Francis video can be downloaded for free:

Also, one of the most important things you can read on our website is the following section:

But the whole article is good and should be read:


I hope you look into the material,
Thanks, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment