Tuesday, May 30, 2017

How to become a Saint; How to Love God, etc. -- All our daily works “that we do which is not done for the love of God is worthless and will get no reward.”

I have a question, when you do your daily work do you think that you do it for the sake of God and for His love and/or for the sake of the conversion of sinners etc., that is, that you refer the work you do for His sake and that you do not only go and work so to speak without saying and thinking about why you perform your work? I ask because I want to make you aware of that everything you do, you should do it with the thought of God and that you do it with an intention to please Him and for His love sake, as Our Lady of Fatima said:

“And she (Our Lady) continued:
“Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially whenever you make some sacrifice [work or deed]: ‘O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.’”

This is important, for if you do not think of why and for whom you do whatever you are doing, you will loose all reward and your deeds will be worthless -- unless you think beforehand for whom you do the work and why you are doing it, such as by having consecrated all your works, deeds and actions by an Offering Prayer in the morning and/or during the day. As Fr. Paul O'Sullivan wrote on this subject:

“On the other hand, all that we do which is not done for the love of God is worthless and will get no reward. We may toil for long years and receive great praise and honor for our labors, but if our work is not done for love of God, it is worthless.” (An Easy Way to Become a Saint, by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan, O.P. (E.D.M.))
Also, if one thinks beforehand for whom one will perform the work or deed and that it will give God pleasure and have an eternal reward if one concentrates it to Him, then one will have more courage to take on the work, or to perform the sacrifice for His sake and Love.

I will give the link to his book about how to easily become a Saint (that is how he named it) -- https://isidore.co/calibre/get/epub/An%20Easy%20Way%20to%20Become%20a%20Saint%20-%20O%26%2339%3BSullivan%2C%20Paul%2C%20O.P.%20%28E.D.M.%29_6172.epub -- as it is good and points out, among other things, the importance of what has been said above of doing all of what we are doing with the motive of the Love of God in mind. It is not a long time ago that I myself started to really think about to refer all my works to God and for the Love of God, or as Our Lady of Fatima said one should do; before I never thought about it or did it seldom and hence all my previous years of work has been utterly lost! Now, even though I do not always think of God (as this is hard to do for me), I still try to refer all my deeds and works for His love sake, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary -- before I do any thing. When one performs a corporeal work, such as cleaning or performing a sacrifice, then it is easier to think about one does it for God, but to think like this in all one's deeds and actions, whatever it is, can be exceedingly hard, however.

Fr. Paul O'Sullivan recommends this prayer in order to consecrate all our works and deeds to the Lord to be performed in the morning, and also some similar prayer in the evening before going to bed:

“HOW TO GIVE EVERY ACTION THIS INESTIMABLE VALUE - The first act of every good Christian in the morning is to fall on his knees and make his Morning Offering. It can be done in this wise: “Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the most pure hands of Mary, I offer Thee all the prayers, works and sufferings, all the actions of this day and of all my life, in union with the Masses being offered all over the world, for the intentions of Thy Sacred Heart and for the Apostleship of Prayer. Every breath I draw, every beating of my heart, every glance of my eyes, every step I take, every single act I do, I wish to be an act of love for Thee.”

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment