Tuesday, December 12, 2017

On the Immense Value and Merit in Patient Suffering for the Love of Jesus Christ

“If one could understand the value of an act of love for God in suffering, one would experience the greatest grief at being obliged to pass a single moment without being able to make this meritorious act. Happy is he who, in suffering, makes acts of love!”

“God is infinitely good and wise. He shows His goodness towards you by sending you crosses. The more bitter your pains, the more meritorious they are. Every cross is a blessing from Heaven, a blessing which surpasses all the suffering of the world. If one were able to understand the full value of crosses, it would be a terrible torment to be deprived of them.”

-Very early one morning, Father Paul seeing a peasant who had come a long distance through a snowstorm to hear Mass in the church at Steenbrugge, said to him: “If you could see the immense merits which your courage has procured for you, you would be astonished, and you might yet increase them in a incredible measure, by saying, ‘All for the love of Jesus.’”

-To a servant girl in Antwerp Father Paul said, “Before eating, sleeping, opening or closing a door or any other action, always have the intention of doing all for the love of Jesus. In this way you will continually reap a rich harvest for heaven.”

-“Jesus of infinite love, I feel pity for You, for every blow, every wound, every drop of blood.”
-“Oh love, oh infinite love of Jesus, I ask You for a heart to love You more and more; to love only You!”

“If it were permitted to one of the elect to live again in this world, he would submit with joy to all the sufferings that men have ever endured here below, in order to add to his merits that which he would acquire by the recital of one Ave Maria.”

This last quote is supported by an anecdote taken from ‘The Secret of the Rosary’ by St. Louis de Montfort: Blessed Alan also relates that a nun who had always had a great devotion to the Rosary appeared after her death to one of her sisters in religion and said to her, “If I were able to return in my body to have the chance of saying just a single Hail Mary, even without great fervour, I would gladly go through the sufferings that I had during my last illness all over again, in order to gain the merit of this prayer.” It is to be noted that she had been bed-ridden and suffered agonizing pains for several years before she died.


Prayers to the Sorrowful Mother

Mary, most Holy Virgin and Queen of Martyrs, accept the sincere homage of my filial affection. Into Thy heart, pierced by so many swords, do Thou welcome my poor soul. Receive it as the companion of Thy sorrows at the foot of the Cross, on which Jesus died for the redemption of the world. With Thee, O sorrowful Virgin, I will gladly suffer all the trials, contradictions, and infirmities which it shall please Our Lord to send me. I offer them all to Thee in memory of Thy sorrows, so that every thought of my mind, and every beat of my heart may be an act of compassion and of love for Thee. And do Thou, sweet Mother, have pity on me, reconcile me to Thy divine Son Jesus, keep me in His grace and assist me in my last agony, so that I may be able to meet Thee in Heaven and sing Thy glories. Amen.”
An indulgence of 500 days — S.C. Ind., Mar. 20, 1887

Most Holy Virgin and Mother, whose soul was pierced by a sword of sorrow in the Passion of Thy divine Son, and Who in His glorious Resurrection wast filled with never-ending joy at His triumph; obtain for us who call upon Thee, so to be partakers in the adversities of Holy Church and the sorrows of the Sovereign Pontiff, as to be found worthy to rejoice with them in the consolations for which we pray, in the charity and peace of the same Christ our Lord. Amen.”

An indulgence of 500 days – Pius X, Rescript in his own hand, Jan. 25, 1906


A Prayer for the Souls in Purgatory

O gentle Heart of Jesus, ever present in the Blessed Sacrament, ever consumed with burning love for the poor captive souls in Purgatory, have mercy on them. Be not severe in Your judgments, but let some drops of Your Precious Blood fall upon the devouring flames. And, Merciful Savior, send Your angels to conduct them to a place of refreshment, light and peace. Amen.

OFFERING OF DAILY ACTIONS FOR THE HOLY SOULS

ETERNAL Father, by virtue of Thine generosity and love, I ask that Thou accept all my actions, and that Thou dost multiply their value in favor of every soul in Purgatory. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

O MY GOD! for Your greater glory, and to imitate as closely as possible the generous Heart of Jesus, my Redeemer, and also to testify my devotion to the Blessed Virgin, my Mother, who is also the Mother of the Souls in Purgatory, I place in Her hands all my satisfactory works, as well as the fruit of all those which may be offered for my intention after my death, that She may apply them to the Souls in Purgatory according to Her wisdom and good pleasure. Amen.

O my God, I offer Thee the Precious Blood and Tears shed by Thine only-begotten Son on Calvary, and the Sorrows and Tears of His Blessed Mother, for the remission of our sins, the deliverance of the souls in Purgatory, for our Holy Mother Church, and for the conversion of sinners. Amen.

Most merciful Jesus, by the merits of Thy Holy Childhood, hasten to deliver from the pains of Purgatory the souls suffering there, particularly the soul longest in paying the debt exacted for his earthly transgressions. Graciously take him today to Paradise that he may join the heavenly choir in praising Thee, and will intercede for me in the hour of need. Amen.

Most merciful Jesus, by Thy Nativity and Holy Childhood, hasten to deliver from Purgatory the Poor Souls confined there, particularly the soul of the youngest to incur Thy displeasure, because of youthful carelessness. Graciously take him today to Thy Heavenly Throne, that he may evermore praise and glorify Thee, and will intercede for me in the hour of need. Amen.

Most gentle Heart of Jesus, ever present in the Blessed Sacrament, ever consumed with burning love for the poor, captive souls in Purgatory, have mercy on the souls of the faithful departed. Be not severe in Thy judgments, but let some drops of Thy Most Precious Blood fall upon the devouring flames, and do Thou, O merciful Savior, send Thy Angels to conduct them into a place of refreshment, light and peace. Amen.

Crucified Lord Jesus, have mercy on us! And help the suffering souls in Purgatory.

DE PROFUNDIS — PSALM 129

Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice.
Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, shalt mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
For there is forgiveness with Thee: because of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath waited on His word: my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord.
For with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him plenteous redemption.
And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
O Lord, grant them eternal rest,

And let the everlasting light shine upon them.


The Fifteen Secret Tortures and Sufferings of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

My Lord and My God, it is my unchangeable will to honor You in these Fifteen Secret Torments when You shed Your Precious Blood: as many times as there are grains of sand around the seas, as fruit in the orchards, as leaves on the trees, as flowers in the gardens, as stars in the sky, as angels in Heaven, as creatures on earth. So many thousands of times may You be glorified, praised and honored, O Most love-worthy Lord Jesus Christ - Your Holiest Heart, Your Precious Blood, Your Divine Sacrifice for mankind, the Holiest Sacrament of the Altar, the Most Holy Virgin Mary, the nine glorious choirs of Angels and the Blessed Phalanx of the Saints, from myself and everyone, now and forever, and in the eternal ages. 

In like manner, I desire, my dear Jesus, to give You thanksgiving, to serve You, to repair and atone for all my ignominies, and to offer You my soul and body as Your possession forever. Likewise, I regret all my sins and beg Your pardon, O my Lord and my God. And I offer You all the merits of Jesus Christ to repair everything, to obtain a happy dying-hour and the deliverance of the souls from Purgatory. This prayer I desire to renew at each hour until my death, O lovable Jesus. Sweet Savior, fortify my resolution and permit not that neither wretched men nor Satan destroy it.

Amen

The Cruz Ave

I salute you, I adore you, I embrace you, O adorable Cross of my Saviour.
Protect us, guard us, save us. Jesus loved you so much, following His example, I love you.

By your holy image calm our fears, that we may feel only peace and confidence.

Related articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment